I bake and cook. Alot. And I can’t remember which recipe is which. So I’m hoping that a blog will help that. a little Jesus. a little food. a little life. Here’s something I made in 2009, for the first and last time
1 box devil’s food cake
1 small box instant choc. fudge pudding
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm water
1 packages caramels
1/3 cup cream
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix everything together except the last 3 ingredients.
3. Melt caramels and cream together in the microwave (follow melting instructions from the back of the package)
4. Grease bundt pan.
5. Pour half batter into bundt pan.
6. Pour melted caramel & cream on top of the batter.
7. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the melted caramel.
8. Cover with the remaining cake batter.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cake is spongy and toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake and then invert. Cover with *ganache (or chocolate frosting) and caramel sauce.
*ganache is just whipping cream and chocolate melted together. I like to use 9 ounces of bittersweet chocolate and 1 cup cream. Heat the cream, pour over chocolate and mix until melted and creamy.